Advanced Health & Fitness Specialist – 12 Hours Exam Review
American Council on Exercise (ACE) Certification
This advanced personal trainer course enables fitness professionals to work with individuals with special health concerns and conditions. Millions of people suffer from chronic disease or some form of injury. Most of these people can enhance their quality of life with a well-designed program of physical activity, but should do so under the guidance of someone with in-depth knowledge of the appropriate type of activity that will most benefit them, taking their limitations into consideration. The course prepares participants for the American Council on Exercise (ACE) Advanced Health & Fitness Specialist certification exam.
Topics and sequence
The course focuses on the basic blocks of personal training such as client screening and assessment, program design, implementation and management as they apply to the following health and medical conditions:
• Cardiovascular disease – including hypertension, coronary heart disease, peripheral vascular disease and other CV disorders such as valvular disease or clients with pacemakers.
• Pulmonary disease – including asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
• Metabolic diseases – such as diabetes mellitus, obesity, and blood lipid (cholesterol) disorders
• Immunological and Hematological diseases such as cancer, arthritis, acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and others such as anemia, chronic fatigue syndrome and Lupus
• Neurological disorders – such as fibromyalgia, gait and balance, selected other disorders such as those resulting from stroke, traumatic brain injury, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, spinal chord injuries, cerebral palsy, etc.
• Exercise following orthopedic rehabilitation – stemming from lower-back pain, osteoporosis or musculoskeletal challenges – for example strains, sprains, shoulder or rotator cuff impingement, ACL reconstruction, Epicondylitis, plantar fasciitis.
• Special cases – including visually impaired clients, intellectual disabilities, psychological disorders and frailty.
Am I eligible for Advanced Health & Fitness Specialist certification?
The following eligibility requirements have been implemented for this certification exam:
• You must have 300 hours of work experience designing and implementing personal exercise programs for apparently healthy individuals and/or high-risk individuals, as documented by a qualified professional.
• You must have a four-year (bachelor’s) degree in an Exercise Science or related field, a current ACE Personal Trainer certification or a NCCA-accredited certification. Registrants must submit documentation supporting completion of Exercise Science related coursework at the time of registration.
Class size will be limited to 20 participants per class. A minimum of 6 participants is required to start a class.
[I'm interested to know more]